Subject: Re: [Leica] price of art prints (was re: kyle's fine art)
From: "Matthew Powell" <mlpowell@directvinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 21:05:17 -0600

> The person who designed the BMW gets
> paid.  Why not the person who paints or photographs the artwork?   Should
> they take a job as mechanic so they can produce art for others to enjoy?
> I don't understand the hostility toward the idea that artists should be
> paid for their work.

I haven't seen any hostility toward the idea that artists should be paid for
their work, at all. I see an appreciation for a greater connection between
"regular" society and art.

How many people can afford to purchase a $500 print? How many a $2000
painting?
Should art only be the realm of the well-off?

Message from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] price of art prints (was re: kyle's fine art))