Subject: [Leica] Re: VC meter ??
From: CHRISTOPHER.CHEN@customs.treas.gov
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 17:49:40 -0500

Simon:

Like Jeffrey Smith, I own a VC & have found it to be very accurate.  The
dials do get moved around easily, but it's not a big deal (nor have I had
much of  a problem w/the meter button getting accidentally pushed in the
bag).  The biggest drawback to the VC as compared to the MR meters is that
it doesn't hold a single reading once the button is pushed (unlike many
handheld meters, the VC gives a "real time" continuous reading that
changes as the lighting changes, more like an in-camera TTL
meter)--because the VC reads the same amount of coverage as the MR
(approx. = a 90mm lens), you must be careful as to where it's pointed. It
also doesn't engage the shutter speed dial like the MR.  On the other
hand, I've found the VC to be considerably more sensitive & accurate @ low
light levels than the MR & it's significantly smaller.

Chris

Hello LUGgers,

Is there any Voigtlander VC meter's user  ?
Is it accurate ?
Is it worth to get it or is the Leica MR definitily better?

Regards,

Simon WEMEL