Subject: RE: [Leica] re: Rapid Winders -TOTALLY ON TOPIC
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 17:40:04 -0500

> Baskets away!
> hey guys, the only reason I didn't put the basket on in the first
> place was
> I didn't know you were supposed to do it.
>
> I just attached the RapidWinder as it arrived and away they went
> and worked,
> seemed logical to me. So why mess with something if it's working? The
> regular base plates still have their original baskets.

Hi Ted,

We went through this on the list a few years ago.  If Leica though the
basket wasn't necessary, then why did they include it in the first place?
The RabidWinder doesn't change this...

Technically, you don't need the rewind knob, you could just use your teeth,
or a pair of vice grips to grab onto the little shaft...kind of "Kyle-esque"
I'd say ;-)

Austin