Subject: [Leica] Goodbye, Leica R4 + 50 mm Summicron; Hello, user M3!
From: "Albert Wang" <leica_phile@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:49:40 -0500

Hi fellow Leica friends,

As everyone knows I have been a happy Leica R4 user for the past 6 months as
I improve my picture taking. Unfortunately my eyesight isn't strong enough
to focus well on the beautiful Leica R4 when shooting wide so basically I'm
shifting entirely my investment into the Leica M-series because I have a
nice collection of Leica screw mount, a M-Rokkor 40mm, and Voigtlander ones.
R lenses are too expensive (switching over to Contax despite what people
will condemn me for that choice) in my budget plus I want to save up for a
Noctilux.

What am I getting in return for the R4 plus Summicron 50mm. A nice users' M3
body double-stroke. No complaints, just a nice step up from the CL (which
doesn't work totally either)... After all, I guess that now I can be
welcomed into the M club fairly soon (because everyone kept on saying that
the CL isn't a real Leica hehehe).

Alfie