Subject: [Leica] Re: Slightly OT - Kodak rage
From: Allan Wafkowski <allan@sohogurus.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 02:52:06 -0500

I've read this a few times before, but it just occurred to me what Kodak
is doing. The changes (certainly not requested by demand) are all about
making their films scan better. After 100 years of wet darkrooms, what
wet darkroom worker has cried out for a better anti-static film??? Wet
room workers use things like Static Master brushes, anti-static wipes,
canned air, etc. to control dust. It has only been since being on lists
such as this that I understood that digital workers very, very often are
not as careful, depending on software to handle the problem. I believe
kodak has picked up on this--thus their now anti-static film base.

Allan