Subject: [Leica] Flying Boats
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infi.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 17:30:00 -0500

At 02:47 PM 3/10/02 -0700, Tim Atherton wrote:

>PS - we have 4 or 5 Catalinas out at the airport here still in regular use
>(or Cansos as we Canucks call them). Used for waterbombing during forest
>fire season. It's quite something to see a couple of them swoop down on a
>lake together and scoop up water at full revs, ready for the next load!

Are you certain that these are Cat-Boats -- that is, two-engine
Consolidated PBY's?  I had believed that the Canadians were using the last
five four-engine PB2Y Coronados for this.  Or so the Canadians have claimed
over on the Military History lists.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!