Subject: [Leica] Re: Rapid Winders -TOTALLY ON TOPIC
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 11:06:48 -0800

At 01:29 PM 3/10/2002 -0500, Rei Shinozuka wrote:

>it's a pity you cannot put on or take off the winder in mid-roll,
>the way you can with most other cameras.

All you need is a changing bag. I always have a small one with me, in my
car or my camera bag. Comes in handy for many things photographic. Like
removing film from your camera that has come off the spool in the cassette.
This periodically happens and without a darkroom or changing bag, you are
screwed. The Kodak gray or black, with black top, plastic cassette
containers are light tight. That's where you put your film, after you
unwind it from your camera, while in a changing bag.

Of course, you could remove a winder, mid roll, and replace it with
something else.

Jim