Subject: Re: [Leica] Nightmare
From: "geebeespaw" <geebeespaw@btopenworld.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 16:44:39 -0000

John
I've had this one several times. I am in a shop selling anything
second-hand, tape recorders, playstations, musical instruments etc.
Scattered throughout all the odds and ends is a large amount of Leica gear.
It is obvious from the massive underpricing that the owner of the shop has
no idea what the Leica stuff is worth. I want to buy it all but I am worried
that my eagerness will alert the owner to his underpricing. I cannot buy it
a bit at a time for fear of losing some of it to others in the shop who,
equally unaware of its true value, are looking at the items as a cheap way
of getting into photography. I circulate among the other customers trying to
put them off with whispered asides such as "£20 for that old body, he (the
owner) must be joking", "£15 for a 135mm lens? Its a dead focal length.
Completely useless." This circle just goes round and round in the way that
dreams do without me getting my hands on any of the gear. Anywhere else in
the civilised world this would not be considered a nightmare but here on the
LUG who  knows?  I cannot blame this on the LUG because this nightmare
predates it. There you have it, the contents of my head strewn across the
table. Start picking.

Graham
http://geebeephoto.com