Subject: [Leica] airport response
From: "Larry Fuller" <merryandbo@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 12:13:36 -0800

   Okay, okay, Ted & John, I surrender.  I'm new to photography and my
class instructor said to do what I did as he said all film will be
destroyed by the scanners.   I WAS polite, just extremely firm. I did
say  'yes sir'  and also said  'I realize you are just doing your job'.
The point wasn't to create a p_____g match with security, it was just to
get what I THOUGHT I needed and WAS entitled to. I didn't think about
making it harder on those of you who make a living.  Back off already,
I'm sorry.    I don't travel by air that much, so from now on I'll buy
my film when I arrive.

   Actually the reason behind it all was that for my assignment, my
instructor said to get some EDL pictures while at the airport, and he
said the film would probably be ruined if I let them scan it.  I am now
a little bit more educated and won't push it again.

  Having said all that, however, I will add that I really wouldn't mind
missing a flight and spending a day in security just to prove a
principle. Personally I think we give-in too easily too often, and
sometimes there is a price to pay to maintain your freedom. For those
that are too young to remember, Freedom is not free. And I'm talking US
airports here. I'm not stupid either. If traveling to another country
(which in 50 yrs I have never done (except in uniform)) I would be the
most compliant, humble traveler on the flight.

Larry

Replies: Reply from "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com> (Re: [Leica] airport response)
Reply from "Mark Ritter" <mritter@austin.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] airport response)