Subject: Re: [Leica] Airport Hand Check Refused; Film OK
From: Henry Ting <>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 17:02:54 -0800 (PST)

Similar situation flying out of LAX. I was asked to
dump all the films onto a tray and then pass thru
x-ray. I just got a very uneasy feeling whether the
films were still good (and they were) especially in
this day and age, I'm sure they crank that machine up
to mega-dose levels.

Ever since that encounter, I made a point not to carry
any films at all, but to try to purchase them as
needed on location.