Subject: [Leica] Re: Leni Riefenstahl exhibit in New York
From: ASTROBIT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 15:12:52 EST

The Boesky Gallery here in Chelsea New York has an exhibit of Leni
Riefenstahl's work from her movie "Olympiad." It is a version of the same
exhibit that she had in Berlin in 1998 and is the subject of her interview in
the "Leica World" of February 2000. It consists of a few prints made from her
copy of the actual movie (very expensive) and an extensive selection of tests
shots she took for the picture using a Leica (there are also a few shots of
her working taking by an anonymous photographer, including one of her with
Leica in hand-Leica A??). As far as I know this the first time her work has
been for sale in the United States and the political people out there will be
happy to know that the net proceeds (by the gallery, apparently not her) are
being donated to the Holocaust Museum. I thought the pictures were brilliant
and reasonably priced considering who they are by; so I bought two myself.
Please note I am Jewish. Please no political discussions.

Alan Posklensky