Subject: Re: [Leica] Should the nameless stay nameless
From: "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:09:46 -0600

>Ah, the intimacies one experiences on this list!
>Slobodan Dimitrov

Slobadan makes an excellent point. He's talking about BD ofcourse but
this is a pretty intimate list.
I'm assuming that Mr/Ms/Mrs Photo Phreak is a photojournalist, who
covered Vietnam so it is not some young person. The name Photo Phreak
is 1960's oriented. Also the person is pretty knowledgeable about the
photo industry and Leicas.
The only reason for somebody with this experience and knowledge to
remain anonymous is because the 'real name' is one we would all
recognize and this person (out of modesty?) doesn't want to be
recognized.
The other lists I'm on are all pro oriented and it is a requirement
to use the real name. This list has a different make-up but it's
still a fairly intimate list where everyone tends to use their name.
I feel a bit uneasy  reading anonymous posts and really feel like
it's not fair to the majority of the users who do use their real name
to hide behind an alias.
[OTOH, you don't know squat about me from my occasional posts but I
do use my real name and hometown.]
best,
John Fulton
Fort Worth