Subject: RE: [Leica] Most portable Leica M outfit...
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:51:40 -0500

I chose the Contax TVS for my portable camera, when I don't feel like taking
my Leica.  NOT the TVS III though, which has that drawbridge front door
which I don't particularly like, but either a TVS or a TVS II, both nearly
identical.  It has a Zeiss T* coated zoom lense, manual and automatic focus,
exposure compensation, built-in flash with red eye reduction, aperture
priority exposure...and gives outstanding pictures for "snap shots".

The TVS II is the same as the TVS, but has a built-in lense cover, and I
believe they removed the little knob from the zoom, which I believe was a
mistake.  I bought mine as new, in box for $500...and am VERY happy with it.
It's not simply a P&S, as it allows more control than typical P&S cameras...
It also has a datE back available for it, and as a note, it prints on the
picture, not between the frames.

Austin