Subject: [Leica] Re: viso III brightscreen replacement
From: "Paul C. Brodek" <pcb@skyweb.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 08:54:03 -0500

I did this on my Viso IIA, and it wasn't a complicated procedure---no
shimming or need for fancy alignment tools.  The main challenge are 4
(I think) small spring-loaded ball bearings that lurk under the screen
frame.  You need to gingerly loosen the frame setscrews to make sure
the ball bearings don't fly out and get lost.  Then you need to make
sure they stay in place, against the spring pressure, when you replace
the screen frame.  Just go slow and deliberately, and it should go
smoothly.

The view is appreciably brighter with the brightscreen.

Good luck!

PB

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 07:52:20 -0500 (EST), "Rei Shinozuka"
<shino@panix.com> wrote:

>i see that www.brightscreen.com has viso brightscreens for viso II  or III.
>the normal screen is not bad, but i have a brightscreen in my rollei 2.8F
>(which has user-changable screens) and it's very nice.
>
>can the screen in the (normal) viso III be user-replaced?  or are there
>shims or complicated adjustments that need to be done when changing the screen?
>
>brightscreen can do it for $40.
>
>thanks,
>
>-rei

Paul C. Brodek