Subject: Re: [Leica] B/W Scans from Coolscan LS IV ED
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 21:44:04 -0600

I have that scanner and it does ok for B&W. Sometimes I get white "scratch
marks and splotches" on the scan when there is nothing visible on the film.
You'll need to clone them out. Other times the scanner will reveal all kinds
of specks and scratches that you'd never see when making an enlargment and
you cant use ICE so you'll spend a long time retouching  w/ cloning.
Sometimes it works just fine...

To me the Nikon is a coin toss. Would I buy one again...probably not. I'd
look at the Canon 4000 dpi scanner if I had to do it all over again but I
really know nothing about that scanner.
- --
John Straus
Chicago, IL