Subject: Re: [Leica] pissed off
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 14:31:00 -0800

lea wrote:

> Remember.......it's better to be pissed off than pissed on.
>
> Lea Murphy
> Whiny Dog Press
> Telephone 816-333-9111

I hate it when clients want contact sheets.
I like to keep them here.
Its like passsing out your dirty underwear for the world to sniff.
Nowadays they just scan the little buggers.

So i charge for them like a charge for an 8x10 and that usually does the trick.
But I had one client who was pretty annoying and then asked for contact sheets.
Wanted ALL the picture I guess.

I told the cleint they were 25 bucks or whatever and they  whipped out
the checkbook.
This really pisses be off if you can believe that but I'm maintaining a
businesslike demeanor of course.
Just Then my white German Shepard walks over and pisses on the clients leg.
He had never done that. In the house.

I said "had you just walked through high grass?"
"got critters at home?"
Nope nope nope nothing. It was a real mystery why my dog would do that.
But Prince just knew how pissed off i was at the client and felt like he
needed to do the appropriate thing.

He was totally house trained.
Used to balance my checkbook at end of the month.

But once he pissed on a drunk sunning at the beach at Sauvies Island.

Right on his hot sun oiled back.

"Must have been hemp suntan lotion" i though and pretended it was not my
dog that was following me as i made it out of there quick.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com