Subject: RE: [Leica] M3 and airport security
From: Craig Zeni <clzeni@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 17:08:37 -0500

>Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 16:57:48 -0500
>From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
>Subject: RE: [Leica] M3 and airport security
> > Other guy, same accent,
> > replies, "It's a clip."  First guy stares at him.  Second guy says, "You
> > know - for ammunition."
>
>Hi Craig,
>
>Out of curiosity, did anyone else hear their statement?  Statements like
>that could easily cause panic in an airport these days...

I was a bit appalled to hear it, but the other security types barely batted
an eye...they seemed to be preoccupied with the Spanish speaking family
that had THREE lockblade pocket knives in their carry on bags and didn't
understand why that was a problem.

- --
Craig Zeni - REPLY TO -->> clzeni at mindspring dot com
http://www.trainweb.org/zeniphotos/zenihome.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~clzeni/index.html

The Sixties ain't over till the Fat Lady gets high. - J. Garcia