Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica CL 40mm Summicron on other M-mount cameras
From: "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 08:18:29 -0600

The 40mm Summicron is a nice little lens, but for about the same or
just a little more, you can get the 35mm Summicron M in fine shape.
I use the 35 on my CL (a reversal of your intent,)

I already had the 35 when I bought a CLE, so I sold the 40.  The two
lenses are almost the same dimensions,

To mix things up more, there are differences between the 40mm for the
Minolta C lenses, the Rokkar for the CLE, and the Summicron for the
Leica CL.

Gandy has some info on this at
http://www.cameraquest.com/leicacl.htm

Regards,