Subject: Re: [Leica] Perth = Paradise NOW Olympus
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 23:14:37 -0800

At 12:14 AM -0500 3/6/02, Dante Stella wrote:
>Did anyone here defect from Leica to Olympus pen in the early 60s?  If so,
>why?  I heard that the Pen was a big favorite of Leicaphiles and that it
>even attracted the attention of Leica engineers.
>
>Cheers
>------------
>Dante Stella

I always kept some Leica stuff, but I had a small Olympus system in
the 70's, from 20mm to 100. That 40 macro was wonderful. Too bad the
porroprism viewfinder was so dim.

The main problem was of course that while the camera was nearly as
large as a IIIg, it made these tiny negatives that the photofinishers
hated. However, I can still get even with them by using my first
generation Konica Autoreflex, with switchable full/double frame.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com