Subject: [Leica] M3 ds
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 16:24:49 +1100

Well I might as well weigh in here as well. I bought my M3 only
knowing that it was expensive. For years, I did not know what to do
with it, till I found the LUG and picked up helpful advise. It is now
one of my first choices for b/w street photography, with the
collapsible 50 summicron. I like the external meter now -- previously
I did not understand why you would want a meter outside the camera --
silly me, like I now understand there is an advantage in the external
viewfinders -- bright fast and "cool". I too love the M3, born the
same year as I was -- the original reason for purchase, and that
expensive price tag now seems quite reasonable.

Cheers