Subject: Re: [Leica] Macro lens
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 23:15:21 EST

In a message dated 3/4/02 10:51:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
henryting10@yahoo.com writes:

> I'm looking for a macro lens for my M6 to be attached with the visoflex III
and
> bellows. Can someone recommend me a good performer within the Leica stable ?

Hello again Henry; should have attached this moments ago. Lens head of first
90/2,8 Elmarit or 135/4 Elmar or 135/4 Tele-Elmar. All excellent optically
when stopped down one or two stops and should be obtainable at very
attractive prices. You can even get the entire lens inexpensively and simply
remove the lens head for Viso use. The only 90mm I still own is this original
2,8 Elmarit. I bought the head alone from Kenny Hansen new for under $100.
(when Leitz had discontinued the lens) and sent it to Wetzlar to be fitted
with a dedicated focussing mount that cost $124. including shipping. So I had
a new lens that Leitz had been listing for something like $350. It's a great
performer and built like a tank.

Seth      LaK 9