Subject: Re: [Leica] Here is what it says....Part deux
From: Bryan Caldwell <bcaldwell51@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 17:11:43 -0800

On 3/4/02 2:03 PM, "SthRosner@aol.com" <SthRosner@aol.com> wrote:

> Note what is NOT covered under the Leica warranty that IS covered by the
> Passport Program: "DAMAGE to camera or lens, INCLUDING BREAKAGE, WATER
> DAMAGE, FIRE AND ANY ACCIDENT" (emphasis mine). For three years.

Seth,

Unless things have changed in the past couple years, Leica's Passport
Protection Plan still excludes fire. From the Passport I received about two
years ago:

"It [Passport] signifies that your are completely protected, for three full
years, against any damage whatsoever - to your registered equipment no
matter how extensive or how it occurred, EXCLUDING FIRE OR THEFT. Just send
us the Product with the serial number." (My emphasis).

I still think these are pretty big omissions.

Bryan