Subject: RE: [Leica] Here is what it says....Part deux
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 19:35:14 -0500

I believe what you say is true.  You don't even need the receipt in some
cases, if you can show date of manufacture...which will show the maximum
time that item could have existed.  You also don't need to return warranty
cards etc.  I'm sure there are people on the list who can cite the actual
legal mumbo jumbo on this...

DISCLAIMER: The above is simply my understanding, not based on any first
hand factual knowledge of the law.

I had some warranty work done on a piece of electronics gear.  The ICs in
the unit have date codes, as well as the PC boards, and the company agreed
to honor the warranty based on that alone.

Austin