Subject: Re: [Leica] standard browsers
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 09:30:40 +0100

Maybe Opera is not standard in the sense that it is far less common than IE or
Netscape, but this brings me to one of my pet peeves about some of the web sites
I encounter here on the LUG. I use a fairly old browser--Netscape 4.51--on a
Win98SE platform. When I go to a LUGgers web site, I expect to see pictures and
some text, period. I do not want Java applets to run on my computer, I do not
want fancy backgrounds that slow down the whole process, just pictures and text
please. Sometimes sites have even hung my computer. Needless to say, I do not
visit such sites again.

Some people may suggest that I should upgrade my browser, but why? I am
perfectly happy with what I have; if my configuration allows me to do all my
banking, buy airplane tickets, shop online to my heart's content, watch Danish
television etc., then why should I change anything in order to look at someone's
pictures?

So my suggestion to all is, KEEP IT SIMPLE so that you have the maximum number
of potential viewers, even those with anachronistic browsers.

Nathan