Subject: Re: [Leica] PAWs and alternates
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 09:10:30 +0100

Sonny,

I am not too troubled by the alternates. I usually post some myself, for one of
the following reasons:

1) because I genuinely cannot decide between two or three pictures. This was the
case with my Copenhagen shots in week 8. In that case, the responses have
indicated a clear preference for the alternate, often with reasons why. So by
posting both shots I got a lot of useful feedback. The same was the case last
year on several occasions, and I used that feedback in selecting my images for
the FOM2 project. In effect, I am using the LUG to help me with the editing job.

2) sometimes I want to make a series, such as with my Oktoberfest pictures last
October. In that case, the combined effect of the 9 images I posted that week is
greater than the sum of the individual shots.

Maybe you should do away with a self-imposed deadline of Monday. I too try to
post my PAWs Sunday or Monday but if I have a film in the camera that I know I
will develop, say, on Tuesday and which has images on it that I expect to be
good PAW candidates, then I wait.

Nathan