Subject: Re: [Leica] why i can't be a professional photographer
From: bourgeois and biblical <bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 00:56:14 -0600

let me clarify.  i did the work for free, but the preschool got paid.
all the money went into their reserve fund.  (preschool attendance tends
to drop off in the summer, so they need savings.)  the customers still
got them REALLY cheap.  i'm pissed because these are, imho, really
terrific portraits of her kid--who is a really sweet, funny, energetic
kid.  who cares if his whole body isn't in some of the shots?  i want to
see his personality, not his damn shoes.  i should cold-cock the lady
with one of my avedon books.

(note: i am not advocating violence against women or anyone else--just
shooting off at the mouth.  avedon books are large and useful for
beating sense into all varieties of doofuses.)

- --brad