Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica spotting
From: Eng Yeo <farmboys@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 13:16:11 +1300

on 3/3/02 7:25 AM, Javier Perez at summarex@yahoo.com wrote:

> This leads right back to the question I posed about 2 years ago.
> What is the official Leica salute or handshake?
> Javier
>

> Oliver Bryk wrote:
>>
>> In my European travels I have encountered quite a few people who
>> complimented me on my Leica M, or ask me how I liked it, or were just using
>> the Leica as an excuse for a pleasant chat on the trail or at the inn. When
>> I met other Leica-toting chaps, the ensuing conversation (stopping to visit
>> is de rigueur) was always collegial. Perhaps carrying an M is viewed as a
>> charming and harmless idiosyncrasy...
>> Oliver Bryk

A salute would be a start. Many people may not like a hand contact with a
total stranger.

Last year, I met a Leica toting guy on the west coast of South Island of NZ.
I gave him my best smile and greeted him. He gave me a cold stare as if I
was going to swindle his Leica!!!

So a Leica salute from afar would be good.

Replies: Reply from "Karina Klaas" <shutterbug@iinet.net.au> (Re: [Leica] Leica spotting)
Reply from "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica spotting)