Subject: Re: [Leica] M6TTL/R8 Flash Pinouts
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 08:17:02 -0700

Sure it is possible but not very practical. You would just need a
hardware/software buffer/translator between the two units. The costs,
however, would be huge. You could buy hundreds, perhaps thousands, of Metz
flash units before you had a working production model.

I once looked into making an air cleaner for an old English sports car. They
are hard to find and there is a reasonable demand for them. I would say
probably fifty a year could be sold. Production cost per unit was about
$10US but I had to front $20k US to make the stamping dies....

John Collier