Subject: [Leica] Pondering an R8
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 12:59:50 +0000

First Hi again to my old friends, I am back after 6 months and see little
has changed.

I bought a used R8 a while ago because the price was good and I already had
some lenses for my R6.2. I expected it to be a backup but its the other way
round!
I have had EOS which is good value but an ergonomic nightmare, I only use it
for digital now. The R8 is in a class of its own ergonomically. For me no
machine that has so many non intuitive controls (Canon - yes I know they can
be learned but good design would have rendered that unnecessary) is
justifyable. Nor is one that has left handed threads all over (Nikon).  I
think the R8 is ugly but the best SLR I have used. There is not a single
feature which I require missing from it.
Comparing an R8 to any of the major Japanese brands is pointless because
there are actually no comparable models available.
OTOH as some of you know I think the M5 is ugly but the nicest M to use.

cheers
Frank

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Pondering an R8)
Reply from Sandy Carter <sc-photo@shaw.ca> ([Leica] OT: help with Vuescan)