Subject: Re: [Leica] Real M7 discussion of lag time
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:06:18 -0500

Feliciano di Giorgio wrote:

> Recently I was flipping through one of HCB's books and the thing that I
> couldn't get over was how precise his compositions at the edge of frame
> was. Many of these shots were done with a LTM Leica, which does not have
> parallax compensation like the M. Everything was dead on and it didn't
> make a difference if it was a close-up or a wide shot and the man
> printed the edge of the frame to prove that he hadn't cropped the shot
> to tweak the composition. I wonder of he used an external viewfinder or
> shot straight through the standard eyepiece. Either way it's pretty darn
> impressive.

There may be some stuff printed full frame, but much of HCB's work was
cropped significantly. One of the magazines printed some of his contact
sheets a few years ago with the crops marked for the printer.

- --
Rolfe Tessem	|	Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.
rolfe@ldp.com	|	96 Morton Street
(212) 463-0029	|	New York, NY 10014

Message from Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com> (Re: [Leica] Real M7 discussion of lag time)