Subject: Re: [Leica] B.D.'s continued rants
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:22:34 -0500

on 2/27/02 11:07 AM, Lee, Jonathan at Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca wrote:

> What is the big deal with you guys?  B.D. simply challenged the independence
> of a widely accepted authority.  On this list, with all the journalists and
> want-to-be journalists, you

Guys, I know B.D. and I have read some of the pages of stuff back and forth
over who maybe independent or might be blinded to reality or what ever and
it started as a reasonable question...is the person writing this producing a
report not influenced by some form of insider loyalty.

BLAH, BLAH BLAH and on and on, then what seemed to be peace between the two.

> Why does Erwin need to be treated like some unchallengable authority?  He is
> not some God or the a reigning monarch.
>
> How hypocritical for him to complain, on this newsgroup, what Edwin Puts
> says on his OWN newsletter.  If he wants to respond, let him do it THERE.

I found in my e-mail box Erwin's Newsletter #xx and was quite surprised to
find a renewal of the verbiage before he got down to his flowing praise of
the M7. Simple question, how was B.D. to respond to this except here on the
LUG were it had started...lasted...and apparently died.

As to Erwin, I do not know him.  I read his news letter and he presents a
knowledgeable and devoted Leica enthusiastic supporter, okay so what.

> This is hurting the newsgroup.  I thought you said the thread was at an end,

It is and PLEASE LETS STOP.

Anyone who is interested in my opinion, after 2 times with the M7, I'll just
say I see it as the completion of the updating of the M line and as I said
after my first time with it...it is evolutionary not revolutionary.  It my
attract new people to Leica and it may make Leica users lust for a new
toy...tool.

When I go to replace an older M will I miss not being able to buy an earlier
version...nope.

Lets all take a deep breath and talk Leica photography.

Happy snaps,
Steven Alexander