Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Kyle's PAW 8 (studio advice)
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:13:52 -0600

KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)2/27/0211:40 AM

> i don't think i have enough physical space to do key / fill /
background --
> and i'm pretty sure i couldn't put a hairlight anywhere, but i
could be
> completely wrong. if anybody can point me to a decent book on
studio
> photography, OR let me know that i'm crazy for trying with this
setup ...
> that works too.

Small studios definitely present problems.

One solution = Mirrors.
    A mirror on low ceilings can give you hair light.
    A mirror on a light stand can get light into backgrounds.

Not as simple and elegant as real "distance" but they can work
wonders. Plexi mirror material works great to amplify and direct
light.

George