Subject: Re: [Leica] Fight at OK Corral
From: "Don" <don.ro@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:26:44 -0600

Good day, Erwin:

Facts?  Why should anyone be constrained by facts?  Journalism has
become a total joke and preaches by example that "facts" are of no
import especially if they do not comport with the journalist liberal
slant on virtually all subjects. The words"truth" and "facts" were
deemed irrelevant by a pervert/lying president who for eight years set
the world standard for perversion, lying, and treason, and journalists
as well as businessmen, lawyers, accountants, etc., bought into that
shameful conduct.  That is now part of our heritage and it will take
decades to overcome it because even small children could understand what
was going on, and they noticed the liars always were always rewarded for
their duplicity.  We don't have news reports where reporters report
facts but news shows and the print news columns that should be labeled
"editorial." Journalists are not alone.  They are in good company with
other paid liars who do not rely upon fact but deception and lying as
their stock in trade such as politicians, lawyers and the accountant
"bean counters" as Enron amply demonstrates. Politicians are at the
bottom of the pile since the law even holds, that as a matter of law,
they can not be held to any promises they make. Lawyers every day are
seen in press conferences certifying his client is innocent even though
the tape shows the client shooting the convenience store clerk to death.
We all know what the accountant "bean counters" meant when their
watchword during the 90's was "think outside the box."  Of course, the
"box" was the law so we should not be surprised when greedy business
leaders of America put "thinking outside the box" into action.  These
greedy goughing ones would have had to give some consideration about
landing in jail or risking the loss of their huge fortunes through a
RICO (remember the Federal Racketeering statute?) indictment but the
politicians amended that statute in the 90's to exempt the Enron/Wall
Street type criminals from its reach. And for good reason.  That was a
major source of funds for politicians on both sides of the aisle. So why
should anyone be constrained by "fact?"  Deep down we know the answer,
but "facts" and "truth" are very, very expensive and we are seeing more
and more who are unwilling to pay the price.

We know photos can be made to lie just as readily as politicians,
lawyers, accountants, and business moguls.  Just crop it here and there
and it will tell the desired story regardless of the "facts."

Erwin, do not dispair. The overwhelming majority on the LUG greatly
admire you and your work and value your opinions because in many
instances you do make an effort to back them with "facts" rather than
preconceived notions.

Don R.

Thus jumping on you with no facts is to be expected.