Subject: RE: [Leica] What is PAW?
From: "Jeffery Smith" <jsmith@dcc.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:27:44 -0600

PAW was conceived by Kyle Cassidy of the famed Philadelphia Leica Users
Group (PLUG). He implored, in so many words, for Leica users to use them
instead of just talking about them and how good they are. The PAW stands for
photo/picture a week. You must post one image taken that week, for better or
worse.

To display them on the WWW, you need a site. There are some community sites
(in fact, lots of them) or you can do your own site on someone else's server
for a monthly charge. If you're narcissistic enough to want the site to bear
your name (and if you aren't narcissistic enough, you don't belong here...go
to the Minolta SLR forums!), you can get your own domain name such as
www.StephenYork.com.

The best digitized images are either done with a digital camera or a good
film scanner. Most of us seem to scan negatives or slides and then play with
them in a photoshop type program to get them down to about 100K. Then they
are uploaded to the site for general viewing by the entire world.

Do you want to get into any of this expense and hassle? That's the real
question.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA