Subject: [Leica] Kyle the old fart curmudgeon! ;-)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:15:34 -0800

Kyle wrote:
> >the things ya shoot -- for some reason it feels right, but that doesn't
> >necessarily make it right. time passes, stacks of negatives accumulate
and
> >what are you left with? sometimes it's linguini, other times it's
garbage.<<

Kyle me young son,
You will go through this more than once before you reach the happy hunting
ground! ;-)

As long as you find excitement and comfort when taking pictures, tears on
occasion from miscues, it will never become a rut, or work, or drudgery, or
a pain in the ass! :-)

Not knowing your age, but from the odd picture I've seen of you, you're
probably in your twenties, therefore lad you've got at least another 50-60
or more years ahead of you to enjoy, become frustrated with and without
question be involved in the most exciting medium you could possibly be
involved in.

And from the wonderful results you've posted during the past few years you
will, because of those successes, I figure eventually someday you'll take
the reins as that "old fart curmudgeon Kyle!" ;-)

Wear the Crown well me son, as many of us "older chaps" ;-) see ourselves in
some of the things you do and have done! ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant