Subject: Re: [Leica] QUESTIONS for...(FULL DISCLOSURE)
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 19:54:11 -0600

I lived in Wetzlar for a few months in the late 1950's, then I moved to
Frankfurt.  Even though I lived within sight of the Leitz factory, no one
ever gave me a camera or a lens.

I returned to Wetzlar in 1972 as a tourist, and again, no one gave me a
camera or a lens.

In 1995, I returned to Wetzlar, and found they had moved the factory to
Solms.  I requested a factory tour and was graciously accommodated.

They gave me a front lens element from some kind of R lens that I still have
on my desk, a little pin that says Leica, and a cup of coffee. Still no
cameras or lenses, even though I was the famous Sonny Carter, Leica user.

I promise that is all I ever have received free from Leica.

Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com

Message from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: QUESTIONS FOR ERWIN PUTS IN RESPONSE TO HIS POST)