Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: Erwin Puts
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:53:42 -0500

> At 12:08 PM 2/25/2002 -0500, Austin Franklin wrote:
>
> >Woah, there.  Just being "only a Leica enthusiast" doesn't get him
> >pre-released cameras one year in advance.  I believe it's naive
> to believe
> >he isn't biased...very biased.
> >
> >Austin
>

> But Austin, what ever your own passions are, automatically makes
> you biased
> toward them. That's why they are passions. And being so passionate about
> something, usually gets you perks from the company or organization.

Oh come on Jim.  USUALLY?  I've been WAITING PATIENTLY for YEARS for a

1) New Audi (only A8)
2) New BMW (only 850 or 750)
3) New Porsche (most any will do)
4) New Lamborghini
5) New Ferrari
6) New HP Logic Analyzer
7) New Tektronix OScope
8) New Hasselblad
9) New Leica
10) New Contax
11) New Jobo
12) New (any make) Drum Scanner

From my wife, I get perks ;-)

But...if anyone cares, I WILL take (excluding the wife) any or all of these
items, used/demo.

> cannot tell you how many favors I have been the recipient of from Leica,
> Hasselblad, BMW, etc. It's just the way things work.

I don't believe that's true for many people, Jim...at least not in my part
of the world.  You "special", obviously ;-)

> And it works to our benefit that Erwin is so close to Leica. We get a
> comprehensive report right from the get-go, including internal pictures.

Absolutely!  But, it also helps to put in perspective what his perspective
is...

Regards,

Austin