Subject: [Leica] Big Red Face Time- aka O series "problem"
From: Jeff Williams <jeffwill_nz@yahoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:02:25 +0100 (CET)

Dear LUG

Just a quick update on the O series replica "problëm".
Whenever I took time exposures I got only 6 mm of the
frame exposed. Today I received the camera back from
Leica service, very nicely packaged, with a little
note inside on the back of a photocopy of the relevant
page of the manual. An extract from the manual page
said "when taking time exposures please ensure the
speed setting is set to 50", meaning 50mm of curtain
space. The hand written note said "please read the
manual".
So I am pleased to say the little jewel had no fault
at all, and I am now going to re-read and memorise
that manual... you can probably see the red glow of
embarrasment from where you are sitting now.
Regards
Jeff le kiwi