Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 UK Price
From: Tim Franklin <tim_franklin@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 20:57:52 +0000

on 25/2/02 1:46 pm, Simon Lamb at simon@sclamb.com wrote:

> The Classic Camera have the M7 listed on their website for £1,898 including
> VAT.  This represent 50% more than the M6 prices that they charge (typically
> around £1,200 to £1,300).  Certainly makes one think how much the new
> features are worth to justify the investment.  Personally I like the changes
> they have made.  The HSS flash sync is not really important but the other
> changes are positive IMHO.
>
> Simon

Simon,

When I talked to Ivor at CC a few weeks ago, he said that they would
initially be selling the M7 at full list price. Those who opt for getting
one of the first into the UK know that.

The current cost of the M6 (£1539 new) at CC is discounted from list price,
which is I believe around £1798. In due course the price of the M7 will also
come down. That is the nature of the camera market; almost all prices drop
on new items after a few months. Its not unique to Leica by any means.

Tim