Subject: [Leica] RE: M6 viewfinder glare
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:26:30 -0800

>Thanks very much!  Who has used this, and how does it work (as in do you
>like it, not the physics behind it ;-)?
>Austin

>The Shade does cut the flare at the performance penalty of 30% of the light.
>You are darker at all times by about 1 stop in the VF........is this a good
>tradeoff?
>I tried it and found the loss to be unacceptable in lower light conditions,
>where you need all the light you can get....
>Frank Filippone

I didn't try the shade exactly for this reason. Though I do occasionally
experience RF patch flare, it is so rare and so easy to undo (by
repositioning your eye vis à vis the VF and/or moving the camera slightly)
that a "permanent" fix that would dim the VF 100% of the time seemed
undesirable.

Guy

Replies: Reply from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> ([Leica] M7 and Metz 54MZ-3 = HSS)