Subject: [Leica] Re: Erwin's M7 review
From: Stephen Patriquen <patriquen@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 04:18:09 -0800 (PST)

Personally, I really appreciate the tremendous effort -
labour of love or not - Erwin has put into his Leica
testing and reviews. There is no doubt that Leica users
would be much the poorer if not for Erwin.

I would not expect someone in his situation to be critical
of Leica - the fact he can be *accurate* is a testament to
Leica's tolerance and Erwin's objectivity.

Having said that, I always read his work in a sort of
"sift" mode - separating the technical and factual from the
softer, ambient message.

This is a bit like reading travel brochures. "The hotel has
327 rooms" (fact), "close to the vibrant centre of the
enchanting city" (oh-oh - traffic noise!)