Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V22 #8
From: "Neal Friedenthal" <neal@nairobisafari.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 19:10:43 -0500

@markrabiner.com> <6669609.1014456372@cambric.reid.org> <009101c1bce1$1901dae0$15b360d1@alice>

>This is a good thread...
>
>I want to get my daughter interested in photography, but at 10 she is not
>too interested. Although, she pays attention at times and when I ask her
>about f-stops she says "the bigger the number, the small the hole, Daaad!!"
>It is a start. I don't push her.
>
>BTW, I like that Brian started his daughter on an FM. Wish I had kept mine.
>I tried to teach my daughter with a Nikon N6006, but found I spent too much
>time saying, "Ignore that switch. Don't worry about that button..."
>
>We started using the M, but Dad gets a little nervous when she forgets to
>put the neck strap around her neck!
>
>Regards,
>Doug L

Doug,
Although every kid is different, I started my son with an old Argus C3 at about 10. He enjoied having to make all the settings and would stand next to me
and ask which ones to use. As his abilities improved I let him use my Leica IIIc now he has an M4-2 and a Rollie TLR and he knows the basics.
Neal F