Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Developing Question (sample image) Help!
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:20:07 -0500

I think this is embedded crud more than a processing error.  I find
different films show more or less consistent with the film.  For example, I
find that Agfa 100 APX is a nightmare in my system but ACROS is just fine.
Same chemistry, water, technique; just more or less spotting depending on
the film.

Things I have done that helps.  Everything is filtered before it goes in the
tank.  I precisely measure the photo flo in a cylinder designed to measure
0-10 ml and also measure the water going in exactly.  I let the film sit in
the tempered wetting agent for at least 30 seconds.  And I use a filtered,
powered film dryer so the film is dry, cut and sleeved within five minutes
of being washed.

Last, as others have suggested, used distilled water to mix the Xtol.  For
some reason water impurities seem to cause more difficulties with this
developer that others.

Hope this helps.

Don Dory
dorysrus@mindspring.com