Subject: [Leica] Re: To Black or not to black
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 22:48:01 -0700

If you are photographing situations involving snipers, guerrillas or other
events where attracting attention is a life threatening activity, I would
strongly recommend cameras with a black finish. If, however, you goal is to
look like a user of old charming harmless equipment, a bit of a duffer in
other words, then cameras with a chrome finish are a better idea. I get
asked all the time how old my M6TTL is. People definitely do not take me
seriously...or course this is usually expressed after seeing the results :-)

John Collier