Subject: [Leica] Case for M4-P
From: Tom.Henson@bakerbotts.com
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:37:43 -0600

I have a question about eveready cases for older Leica M cameras.

I have searched the archives and did not find any information on this.

I recently purchased a like new M4-P and am wanting to pick up an eveready
case that would be made for this camera or in the same time period that the
camera was made by Leitz.

I have spent several hours seraching the Internet worldwide and the only
thing I can find close are cases for M2/3.

It looks like these cases will fit the M4 type camera, but I also noticed
that the tripod screw thread for these cameras came in 3/8 and 1/4 inch
sizes.

I have no idea what size of tripod thread the M4 series has. I would guess
1/4 inch.

It's hard for me to believe that you can find very good condition cases for
the earlier model M cameras, but almost none for the M4 series.

Is this just my imagination or will I have to break down and buy another
Kameraleder case?

Thanks

Tom Henson
Houston