Subject: Re: [Leica] anyone seen what the new M7 looks like?
From: Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:08:26 -0500

Tim Atherton wrote:

> > Yes, we have been talking about it all day:
> >
> > http://www.monpoilu.icom43.net/m7.JPG
> >

> hmm - I'm pretty sure that's just a "photo-illustration" from Amateur
> Photographer to illustrate the story - an M6 with M7 photoshopped on the
> front isn't it?

Tim,

That was my first thought too, but when I really looked at it, it looks
like there is a new nob just outside of the shutter release button.  If
it is a fake, it is a good one.  And besides, who is to say that from
the front the M7 would look different?  Didn't they learn something with
the M5?  My understanding is that it did not go over well, partly
because of the look.

Sam