Subject: [Leica] Fixing up a Leica iiic and Summitar 2.0
From: "Joe Stephens" <joe@atchou.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:54:19 -0600

I recently got a M-6 TTL and after one shooting, I am practically ready to
retire my Nikon F-5.

I have a Leica iiic in my closet.  The shutter trips, but I can tell it's
not accurate at slower speeds, and I can barely see the focus indicators on
the rangefinder (maybe cleaning would help).  At 1/250 sec, the release
seems smooth and quick.

I've been told that the lens has "mold" even though I can't see it (it's a
collapsible Summitar 5 CM F 2.0). The lens looks clean as a whistle to me,
but it seems slightly "wobbly" when extended.

I'm thinking this could be a good "second camera" to the M-6.

Do I have a prayer of having this camera restored to working condition?  If
so can anyone estimate a range of costs?

Replies: Reply from Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com> (Re: [Leica] Fixing up a Leica iiic and Summitar 2.0)