Subject: Re: [Leica] need input on Kobalux lens
From: Dante Stella <dstella1@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 18:22:32 -0500

Hi Olivier -

Normally, vignetting is present in superwide-angle lenses.

It is *not normal* in the newest Kobalux 21mm (I can't speak for the older
ones Adorama sells, both because it has a different optical formula and
because I don't have one), and that's part of why the front element is so
big.  I can send you the full-frame scans if desired.

See ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/dkieltyka/Kobalux21.htm for a
discussion of the extremely low level of vignetting in the new lenses.

If you use a Tiffen or B+W filter even the new ones will vignette.  Stick to
Hoya or a thin-ring B+W.

Dante