Subject: Re: [Leica] With XP-2, why develop B/W?
From: bourgeois and biblical <bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 14:24:19 -0600

colin:

> XP-2 isn't the *best* film out there, but I love the look.  At ISO400,
> it has relatively little shadow detail, but seemingly infinite highlight
> detail.  It looks, to me, as though a red filter was used all the time.
> I submit some of my own shots here as illustrations:

i use almost nothing except T400CN.  i love its tonal range and
mega-latitude.  plus, i run a fuji frontier lab, so i can process it for
cheap.  i push it to 3200 all the time and get good results--not the
best shadow detail, but great hightlights.

i've also never had the contrast problem in the darkroom that i've heard
others complain about.  i use ilford's #3 dichro numbers as a starting
point, and usually stay right around them.

btw, i really love that pic of your wife whose URL you posted.  we
should start a "sexy pictures of our wives" LUG page somewhere.  i got
this book

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0821221701/qid=1013977329/sr=8-1/ref=
sr_8_3_1/104-9240944-4994325

for my wife for xmas last year.  i thought it was a perfect gift.

also, i appreciate the info you provide for all your photos.  i always
want to know what lens was used, but few of us, myself included, usually
give that info.

best,
brad

- --
brad daly
bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly
http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=190241

"War, what is it good for?  It's good for business."
	--Billy Bragg

When I get depressed, I just look at our two wiener dogs.  You'll never
see more of a can-do attitude in a can't-do body than a wiener dog."
	--Kevin Kling

Rap is a continuation of the Sex Pistols; it's quite obvious.
	--John(nny Rotten) Lydon