Subject: [Leica] A Warning To The LUG Regarding Off-list Communication with Our Friend Sam Carlton.
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 22:14:08 -0500

- -Sam Carleton Posted the following

"Sorry folks, this email was suppose to go about about eight hours ago:

"B. D. Colen" wrote:

> I understand your getting ticked off, but the problem is that the
> Bimmer/Beemer thread had really deteriorated to one of these
look-what-I've
> got things - as, sadly, often seems to happen on the LUG - before Jim
> weighed in.
>
> Anyway, I hope we can bury whatever hatchets we're wielding."

- -----
I would like to point out to the list that the quote from me is taken from
an off-list communication sent to Sam Carlton, and was not intended for
posting on the list. And I consider his having quoted an off-list
communication in that way a pretty egregious violation of basic netiquette,
to say nothing of its simply being extremely rude.

Anyone sending him off-list communications should be forewarned that what
you think is off-list may not be for long.

B. D.

B. D.

I just want to clear the air.  At no time was I ever ticked off, I was
simply having some fun with folks.  At no time did I ever hvae a hatchet
which neede to be bury:)

And for those of you that think this was a big waste of time, it
wasn't.  For one thing I learned a great deal about others in the LUG
thanks to many people enlighten me to who they really are and what they
have done.  My respect for a number of LUG members has most definitly
improved.

This thread, which I think is finally run it cource, has helped me
understand the LUG and what makes it tick.  Again, thanks!

Sam Carleton

Replies: Reply from "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com> (Re: [Leica] A Warning To The LUG Regarding Off-list Communication with Our Friend Sam Carlton.)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] A Warning To The LUG Regarding Off-list Communication with Our Friend Sam Carlton.)